Caterlink Ltd is our lunch provider:
Healthy eating is at the very heart of Caterlink's approach to food. They wholeheartedly encourage balanced eating patterns within their schools and investment in training and their policy of purchasing seasonal produce enables them to deliver exceptional value.
They have implemented their own Fresh Food Policy throughout their business which sets out their expectations and minimum requirements to meet the daily nutritional needs of the students and staff for whom they cater. They are proud to have gained professional recognition for the success of their Fresh Food Policy, receiving the prestigious 'Healthy Eating Award' at a number of their schools.
The food children eat in school is very important for their education. Not only does a well-balanced diet help with general health but establishing healthy eating habits at a young age can give them knowledge for the future.
Caterlink understands primary school children and their likes and dislikes so they tailor their menus to encourage maximum uptake.
What's for lunch this Summer 2017 at Burchetts Green see the menu here
Caterlink offer, during the Summer Term, a Sandwich option alongside their usual hot meals. Please see details below:-
This offer is a healthy balanced option and each bag contains:-
- A wholemeal sandwich with a choice of four fillings (ham, egg mayonnaise, cheddar cheese or tuna mayonnaise),
- Two of the following - crudités, cherry tomatoes, yoghurt pot, a piece of fruit.
- A piece of homemade cake or a cookie or flapjack.
- Orange or apple juice cuplet.
The price of the cold picnic packed lunch bag 'Grab Bag' is the same as the hot meal.
There are also 'Theme Day' lunches during the year ie Chinese New Year, Easter and Christmas Lunch.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Details for the Free School Meals entitlement see the document here
Entitlement for the Free School Meals programme can be seen by clicking here
As of September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be entitled to receive Universal Free School Meals (UFSM) and if you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below the School could receive additional funding to help support your child's education, so please have a look at the leaflet by clicking the link above and check if your child is entitled to Free School Meals (FSM).
Do you receive any of the following if so please use link above:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have a gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
NOTE: Parents in receipt of Working Tax Credit are not eligible