It is with great pleasure that Burchetts Green CE Infant School can introduce Edwards and Ward as their new lunch provider from September 2017.
At Edwards and Ward they are committed to providing a nutritious and innovative menu using high quality ingredients. They aim to continuously develop their food and service to exceed our expectations and they will do this by communicating with both parents and pupils regularly.
Edwards and Ward have a flexible approach to menu planning making sure the needs of our school and pupils are met.
They are highly passionate about their service and really look forward to working with the school and pupils to create a dining experience that even the newest of our pupils will look forward to.
Edwards and Ward have highlighted a number of key areas that they will concentrate on during the Autum-Winter term.
- They will concentrate on a service based on fresh food that encourages new tastes and food adventures for the pupils to enjoy
- Fun Food Days and events
- Develop and train the catering team to exceed their personal expectations which in turn can only provide a better experience for our children
The food children eat in school is very important for their education. Not only does a well-balanced diet help with general health but establishing healthy eating habits at a young age can give them knowledge for the future.
Edwards and Ward understands primary school children and their likes and dislikes so they tailor their menus to encourage maximum uptake.
The lunch menu for Autumn-Winter 2017 at Burchetts Green can be found here see the menu here
There are also 'Theme Day' lunches during the year ie Chinese New Year, Easter and Christmas Lunch.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Details for the Free School Meals entitlement see the document here
Entitlement for the Free School Meals programme can be seen by clicking here
As of September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be entitled to receive Universal Free School Meals (UFSM) and if you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below the School could receive additional funding to help support your child's education, so please have a look at the leaflet by clicking the link above and check if your child is entitled to Free School Meals (FSM).
Do you receive any of the following if so please use link above:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have a gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
NOTE: Parents in receipt of Working Tax Credit are not eligible